Would you like to come to Italy
or to another European Country?

Rules that you need to know



- Interested applicants should carefully fill out the application form which we will send you by email, send required documents (these are NECESSARY FOR THE PLACEMENT). These materials need to be in English and completed within 10 days of registration.

- 1 recent passport-size smiling photograph, and if possible some recent photos of you, your family, and children whom you have previously taken care of

- Medical certificate stating that you are in good physical and mental heath, allergies, or physical diseases (maximum 3 months old) 

- At least 2 childcare references: signed and written in English or Italian with the referees full name and telephone number. They must highlight your experience with children.  

- 1  character reference or past job reference written in English or Italian by employer, neighbour, etc., including the references full name and telephone number 

- Dear Family Letter: at least 2 pages written in an informal and friendly way providing information about yourself, your family, childcare experience, interests, hobbies, expectations, etc…

- Copy of your valid passport or identity card

- Acceptance coupon of the au pair agreement and Privacy form

For non-Community countries citizens who want to come to Italy :
It is necessary for the host families to request a clearance released from SUI - immigrateion local office- filling the model N.
Both (au pair and host family) must agree in writing, preferably before the au pair leaves the country, the l rights and obligations. A copy of this contract will be produced on request, at the immigration office which will assess the regularity in order to obtain the clearance. You can find more information and download the model N at the following link: http://bit.ly/allaPari

Since you will come to au pair for cultural reasons,
they do not need a work permit: the family will declare that they are not working but they are living in the family for cultural reasons. For Visa and any other document required, the au pair must obtain them by her/his self before she/he leaves her home country.
Travelling expenses from and to her/his country are as a rule, not covered by the family. 

Who can host an au pair?

Families with at least 1 child younger than 18 may be host families. Single parents may host an au pair, too.

Au pair requirements

• Age: from 18 to 30 years old

Experience with children

Availability: 3/6 month, 6/9 months or 12/24 months. During summer it's possible to find families for a shorter period.

• Period: from 1 month to 24 months.

• Work hours / free time: dependent on chosen formula 

There are 4 different formulas

DEMI PAIR 15 hours, 5 days per week
for 3 hours per day 2-3 nights baby-sitting
2 free days per week and every night
150 € a month
DEMI PAIR PLUS 20 hours, 5 days a week
for 4 daily hours, 2 nights baby-sitting
2 free full days and 3 free nights 240 € a month
AU PAIR 30 hours, 6 days per week
for 5 hours per day, 2-3 nights per week baby-sitting
1usually 2  full free days (Saturday and Sunday) + 2-3 free afternoons and 3-4 free nights 320 € a month
AU PAIR PLUS 40 hours per week 2-3 nights per week babysitting 1 full free day and 3-4 free nights per week 400 € a month

In agreement with the au pair, the various formulas can be adapted to the specific needs of the family, always respecting the basic conditions. Any other changes should always be agreed upon in advance with the au pair and our agency. You are strongly advised to observe, as far as possible, the subdivisions listed above.

Au Pair will receive the following family documents:

• Detailed profile of the family
• Photos
• A letter of introduction
• Signed agreement: a contract containing the commitments that both parts must respect



• Families are carefully selected by our proposals. At times though, living with new people can be problematic. In the extreme case where you want to change the family, provided that you have valid reasons, we will try to find you a new place. It is very important, if this happens, that you have enough money to pay for a temporary accommodation or to travel back home. The family and the au pair must give 15 days notice if they decide to withdraw from the commitment made. 


Au pair duties:
• childcare: wake children up in the morning, prepare breakfast for them, and other simple meals, dress them and take them to school or accompany out for a walk. Take care during their sport activities, help with their homework, play with them (invent new role-plays, sing songs, read books for them, watch TV together) and teach basic language if requested. Give them bath and bring them to bed.ülight house work: keep your own bedroom cleaned and take care of that of the children, help the mother wash the dishes or put them into the washing-machine, iron the children stuffs. The au pair is not supposed to take care of the general house cleaning, wash and iron the parents’ clothes, only those of children.

Both sides are free to come to an agreement about the amount of allowance the au pair will receive.  This is generally a minimum of € 120,00 per month (demi pair) and  a maximum of € 400 per month (au pair plus).

As a general rule, au pairs spend on average 3-6-9-12 months with the family; in some cases this period can be shorter (1-1½- 2-3 months is possible during the summer, from May to September), but during the year it is seldom less than 6 months. The maximum is 24 months.

The best period for departure if you wish to stay for more than 6 months would be September, January and March. If you wish to stay for 2,3 months then a departure in June would be best, early July. However, it's almost always possible to arrange departures in other months of the year.

During the summer the demands for au pairs increases . We suggest, therefore, to be a bit 'more flexible about destinations, age of children etc.. During children summer holidays, the family often needs more hours works but will often give you a higher allowance. It will not be always possible to attend language courses. Families often ask au pair to go on holiday with them.
Durante l'estate la richiesta di soggiorni alla pari aumenta sensibilmente.

For each 6 months of work, the host family must give the au pair two paid weeks free. Besides this, all national holidays are free.

You'll have lot of Free time: several hours during the day and at least one day completely free - often all weekend - and almost every night. You will have to focus The work commitment during the day and avoid fragmenting it. The au pair needs to have time for socio-cultural and recreational activities and to be able to follow a language course.

It is usually possible to attend part-time language courses. The family will show you the nearest and cheapest school. During the summer it is not always possible to match work schedules with school schedules because part-time courses are rarely available . We strongly advise you to attend a language course. you will have the opportunity to meet other students easily and in addition to this you will improve your language skills.

Travelling expenses from and to your country and language courses are, as a rule, not covered by the family. We recommend that au pairs leave their country with enough money to cover these costs and othercosts that could occur. Wait for our confirmation before booking and purchase your ticket. The family will pick au pairs up at the airport or, if this is not possible will pay for any extra costs for arriving at home. We strongly recommend the family to pick the au pair up on her/his arrival at the airport or train station.

Do remember to take the E111 form with you to ensure free basic medical treatment should you need it. According to the Department of Health information (updated in 2000), `If you are an EEA national going to work in another EEA country as an au pair or nanny for up to 12 months, you are entitled to a E111 form.' The E-111 (called the `E-one-eleven') is a certificate of entitlement to medical treatment in other member states. The application form is contained inside leaflet T6 mentioned above. Whereas ordinary tourists can have the form stamped and activated at their local post office, people who are intending to work abroad should send the application to the Contributions Office. Unfortunately they can take a long time to reply, so write off as early as possible. Take several photocopies of the certificate since in some countries you need to hand over a copy of the E-111 to any doctor or chemist with whom you deal. Private insurances against accidents are however recommended, although left at the au pair discretion.

If you decide to become an au pair abroad, please fill out the attached form. In some places you just need to make a cross. We ask for two references from people who know you outside of your family. One reference should be written by a teacher or an employer. We also ask you for a medical certificate showing that you are healthy which will stay in our agency. The agency will translate all of these documents. You'll also write a letter in which you describe, briefly, your attitude, the titles in your possession and any information about yourself that you like to let the family know. We need photos with your family or with children that you have taken care of in the past. Photos and letters are very important for the host family in order to get to know you. Send the completed form with all the requested documents. We will contact you soon to give you all the possible opportunities that you will have for being an Au Pair abroad.

************IMPORTANT NOTICE***************

Do not anticipate money or tickets to the aupair or family !!!!!!!!!!!

Au Pair Europe® - Via Ten. de Rossi, 15/a - 32031 Alano di Piave - (BL) ITALY - Mob: +39 3388329441
Skype manulella75 - aupaireuropeitaly@gmail.com - manuelamazzier@alice.it - P.IVA: 01100720257 - Privacy